Fall is near and I have seen tons of makeup trends on the fashion runway. So many makeup artists played with dark and light this season. Pulling out pots of deep rouge and atmospheric ink one moment, and then working soft and neutral tones into the skin the next. Making a statement with a rich excess or sleek absence of color on lids, lashes and lips.
Speaking of lips I’ve seen so many lip trends for the fall seasons, and I can’t just choose one as my favorite. One of the lip trend that I like is the wine-stained lips. You can achieve this look with a good burgundy color like MAC’s ‘Dark Side’. Another lip trend that I love are the dark and earthy brown colors on the lips. You can achieve this look with any dark lipstick color like MAC’s ‘Cyber’ or you can tone It down a bit with an brownish red earth tone color like MAC’s ‘Fresh Moroccan’. Then I’ve seen the bright citrusy color lip trend with a good tangerine color like MAC’s ‘Moroange’ lipstick. And last but not least is the nude matte pink lip trend that I love. You can get this look by getting a nude color matte lipstick like MAC’s ‘Please Me’ and you are all set and done. I know MAC lipstick are $15 each, but you can use any cheap brand lipstick like NARS, Revlon, and Wet N Wild and find a color that best match the Fall trends. Now that you know how to achieve the Fall 2012 lip trend, just choose the one you like best and be fall fashion forward.
MyGlam is now IPSY! If you don’t know what myglam is, It is a monthly subscription of glam bags which contains beauty products. IPSY…beauty by you is the same Glam Bag program that you know and love, but with some amazing additions. With ipsy, you can:
1. Discover new Looks for Glam Bag products or Looks relevant to YOU based on your quiz results.
2. Connect with like-minded women directly on ipsy.com.
3. Share your beauty perspective by creating your own Looks.
4. Win more! We’re making it easier and more fun to participate in giveaways and challenges.
Each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. Members can watch and play along with the stylists with the same products that they are using. And guess what? It’s all for only $10 a month. That’s a good deal especially If you want to try out different products.
So go to http://www.ipsy.com/, signup, take the beauty quiz, get your first Glam Bag, watch the videos, and create your own!
Just in time for Fall Season M·A·C Cosmetics and ’Van Vogue’ rapper Azealia Banks collaborate on her own shade of lipstick called Yung Rapunxel. The limited edition shade is a deep plum cream lipstick with an amplified, semi-matte finish named after Banks’ alter ego. In celebration of her limited edition lipstick with M·A·C, catch an exclusive performance by Azealia Banks at M·A·C’s Fashion’s Night Out. This bold inspiration color lipstick will be available online September 5th, and the following day at all NYC M·A·C stores September 6th, 2012 through September 20th, 2012 for $15.00. I love this shade of lipstick because I was just thinking about getting a good plum color lipstick for Fall. I know I’ll be buying this limited edition lipstick. What do my VDOLLS think? Will you be buying this too?
MAC CASUAL COLOUR
(North America – June 7, 2012/ International – June 2012)
MAC will be releasing a new collection this week and I’m pretty excited. I’m loving the simplicity of MAC’s “Casual Colour” collection. Summer is a good time to keep your make up simple and classy due to the heat. I’m loving the lip pots! Not only can you use them on your lips, but your cheeks too! I definitely see a few items I want.
Here’s a look at the products being released..
Casual Colour $20 – Lip & Cheek Pot in Cream finishes
Lazy Sunday – Baby pink
Weekend Getaway – Cool rose
Keep It Casual – Warm wine
Evening Stroll – Violet cream
Relaxation – Warm pink
Have A Lovely Day! – Neutral nude
Keep It Loose – Warm peach
Out for Fun – Cool coral
Mineralize Skinfinish Natural $29
Medium – Soft creamy beige (repromote)
Prep + Prime Highlighter $23
Bright Forecast – Mid-tone peachy coral
Light Boost – Soft yellow cream
187 Brush – Duo fibre face brush $42 (repromote)
Nail Lacquer $16
Style Tip – Soft pink nude (Cream) (repromote)
Please Me – Mid-tone warm pink (Cream) (repromote)
Fiestaware – Mid-tone orange coral (Cream)
Delicate – Pale sheer ballet pink (Cream)
US Release Date: February 9th, 2012 // International: March 2012
AND THE EXCITEMENT IS HERE……… Mac’s “Shop MAC, Cook MAC” Collection will be here before you know it! Guess who gets the pleasure of seeing it first? I do! I was invited to a MAC event to see the line and purchase the items I want. Thrilled? You bet! They are even giving out goodie bags (will try my best to snag a couple extra!) After seeing the pictures, I KNOW I will be spending a lot of money….. will you?
Try and Buy a delicious, delovely, delectable, divine, degorgeous, de-with-it, degroovy assortment of Eye Shadow x 4 in wearable brights perfect for Spring. Treat yourself to Lipstick in heavenly hues, mouthwateringly Kissable Lipcolour and Cremeblend Blush. This Spring, shop ‘til you drop with a tongue-in-cheek collection that elevates the everyday into the extraordinary. Whether it’s detergent or diamonds, produce or Prada, everyone loves to shop, shop, shop!
Ladle on an extra helping of foodie fun with an appetizing assortment of temptingly tasty Tendertones, nearly black Fluidlines, Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder, Opulash Mascara, two Brushes and nosh-worthy Nail Lacquers in fun, bright shades sure to satiate even the most discriminating gorgeous gourmands. Cook M∙A∙C has spring’s no-carb, no-calorie recipe for kooky, kitschy, kitchen kouture insavoury shades for Eyes, Lips and Nails.
Lipstick ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN) (Limited Edition)
- Innocence, Beware! Light yellow pink (Cremesheen) (Repromote)
- Naughty Saute Bright pepto pink (Cremesheen)
- Watch Me Simmer Bright pink-orange (Amplified)
- Quick Sizzle Bright pink (Matte)
- Dish It Up Berry pink (Lustre)
- Runaway Red Rich red-blue (Satin) (Repromote)
Kissable Lipcolour ($19.00 U.S. / $22.50 CDN) (Limited Edition)
- Flaunting It Grey mauve (Repromote)
- So Vain Muted dirty coral (Repromote)
- Scan-delicious Blue fuchsia (Repromote)
- Woo Me Light pinky nude (Repromote)
- Enchantee Light blue pink (Repromote)
Cremeblend Blush ($20.00 U.S. / $24.00 CDN) (Limited Edition)
- Optimistic Orange Bright orange (Repromote)
- Florida Bright coral (Repromote)
- Restores Dazzle! Rich plum
Shop & Drop Eyeshadow Quad ($38.00 U.S. / $45.00 CDN) (Limited Edition)
- Hypnotizing Frosted greyed mauve (Frost) (Repromote)
- Sugar Snack Light pink (Matte)
- Power Boosted Violet (Veluxe Pearl)
- Shop & Drop Deep blue (Satin)
Call Me Bubbles Eyeshadow Quad ($38.00 U.S. / $45.00 CDN) (Limited Edition)
- Call Me Bubbles Light tan (Satin)
- Fresh Daily Orange (Frost)
- Brash Frosty reddish copper (Veluxe Pearl) (Repromote)
- Full of Flavour Coral (Matte)
Colour Added Eyeshadow Quad ($38.00 U.S. / $45.00 CDN) (Limited Edition)
- Laundry Daze Light yellow (Satin)
- Colour Added Bright yellow (Veluxe Pearl)
- Self-Serve Deep grey (Satin)
- Pre-Packaged Muted turquoise (Veluxe Pearl)
Studio Careblend/Pressed ($23.00 U.S. / $27.50 CDN) (Permanent)
- Medium Soft creamy beige
- Dark Deep caramel
Fluidline ($15.00 U.S. / $18.00 CDN) (Limited Edition)
- Midnight Snack Soft black
- Wholesome Blackened brown
- Added Goodness Blackened mauve
Tendertone Lip Balm SPF 12 ($15.00 U.S. / $18.00 CDN) (Limited Edition)
- Hush, Hush Sheer gold with yellow gold pearl (Repromote)
- Purring Sheer tangerine with pearl (Repromote)
- Hot ‘n’ Saucy Soft cherry red (Repromote)
- Tread Gently Soft lime green with yellow pearl (Repromote)
Nail Lacquer ($16.00 U.S. / $19.00 CDN) (Limited Edition)
- Al Fredo Bright acid green (Creme)
- Salad Dressed Mid-tone dirty aqua (Creme)
- Kid Orange Coral (Creme)
- 211 Pointed Liner ($18.00 U.S. / $21.50 CDN)
- 129SH Powder/Blush ($34.00 U.S. / $41.00 CDN)
Opulash Mascara ($15.00 U.S. / $18.00 CDN) (Permanent)
MAC has a charity program called “Viva Glam” that donates tons of money to AIDS and HIV research and technology. They have been doing awesome things for over a decade! Each year, MAC releases a limited edition lipstick and lipglass. Every cent of the profits from the two products go towards the MAC Aids Fund. (You can read about that more here.) There is a new celebrity “face” for each year and each new release by Viva Glam. Past divas include Missy Elliott, Lady Gaga, Fergie, and Dita Von Teese.
For 2012, Mac has announced that the celebrity face of Viva Glam is actually two faces… Nicki Minaj and Ricky Martin! The sneak peek photo that was released looks amazing, and I am totally psyched to see what the new color of lipstick looks like.